Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Pratik & Katie's Piedmont Park Wedding ~ Atlanta Wedding Photographer



My husband Brent and I were invited to our friends Indian Wedding at the Greystone venue in Piedmont Park. It was a wedding rich in color and culture.... not to mention the Bride & Groom looked fabulous! I took my camera to make sure I could capture a few key moments... but I put it away for most the evening after dinner so I could enjoy being a guest for a change.


The above photograph and the below photograph on the left is during the Kanya Danam (Giving Away of the Daughter). The below right photography is during the Rajaham (Sacrifice to the Sacred Fire) The bride places both her hands into the groom's and her brother then places rice into her hands. Together the bride and groom offer the rice as a sacrifice into the fire.



Below is my favorite photo from the evening. It was taken at the end of the ceremony after they completed the Satapadi (Seven Steps).

After the ceremony, the two changed into my favorite attire from the night. Katie's saree was hand beaded and exquisite... Pratik was rocking Gold and Purple and looked like a king!


I love Pratik's groom's cake... not only is Coca~Cola a staple in Atlanta- he just happens to work there!

(on the right) Groomsmen Nate and his lovely wife Charlotte posed for a picture and (On the left) I caught this beautiful women in a gorgeous saree laughing.

Below is the whole GA Tech Crew... they are a hoot! Brent is hidden in the back grinning like a little boy!

Sapta Padi

Let us live with honor and respect.
Let us walk together so we get food.

Let us be happy and enjoy life.
Let us walk together so we get strength.

Let us share joys and pains together.
Let us walk together so we get wealth.

Let us not forget parents and elders.
Let us walk together so we get happiness.

Let us observe all acts of charity.
Let us walk together so we have family.

Let us live long and peaceful life.
Let us walk together so we have joy.

Let us be friends with love and sacrifice.
Let us walk together so we have friendship.




Best wishes to the newlyweds... I hope they are enjoying themselves in Mexico!! Thank you for letting us be part of your special day.


Cheers,

0 comments: